What is Love? 10 Top Definition of Love
1. Biblical definition of love: 1 Corithians
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things.
2. A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.
3. Dictionary’s definition of love:
Love is a strong liking for someone. It’s a strong passionate affection for another person.
4. Jewish. Judaism employs a wide definition of love, both between people and between man and the Deity. As for the former, the Torah states: “Love your neighbor like yourself” (Leviticus 19:18). As for the latter, one is commanded to love g*d “with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your possessions” (Deuteronomy 6:5)
5. To take delight or pleasure in; to have a strong liking or desire for, or interest in; to be pleased with; to like; as, to love books; to love adventures.
6. Love is the emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. In philosophical context, love is a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection. In religious context, love is not just a virtue, but the basis for all being (“g*d is love”), and the foundation for all divine law (Golden Rule). (wikipedia)
7. Courtship; — chiefly in the phrase to make love, i. e., to court, to woo, to solicit union in marriage.
8. To regard with passionate and devoted affection, as that of one s*x for the other.
9. Due gratitude and reverence to g*d.
10. A climbing species of Clematis (C. Vitalba).