What is Love? 10 Top Definition of Love
1. Biblical definition of love: 1 Corithians
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things.
2. A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.
3. Dictionary’s definition of love:
Love is a strong liking for someone. It’s a strong passionate affection for another person.
4. Jewish. Judaism employs a wide definition of love, both between people and between man and the Deity. As for the former, the Torah states: “Love your neighbor like yourself” (Leviticus 19:18). As for the latter, one is commanded to love God “with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your possessions” (Deuteronomy 6:5)
5. To take delight or pleasure in; to have a strong liking or desire for, or interest in; to be pleased with; to like; as, to love books; to love adventures.
6. Love is the emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. In philosophical context, love is a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection. In religious context, love is not just a virtue, but the basis for all being (“God is love”), and the foundation for all divine law (Golden Rule). (wikipedia)
7. Courtship; — chiefly in the phrase to make love, i. e., to court, to woo, to solicit union in marriage.
8. To regard with passionate and devoted affection, as that of one sex for the other.
9. Due gratitude and reverence to God.
10. A climbing species of Clematis (C. Vitalba).