Top 10 Best Personal Development Books of All Times
What Personal Development books have had the major impact on your life and education?
Self help documentation has actually become such a huge field that there are entire sections in book stores dedicated to even just the new self help stuff.
The following books cover a wide variety of sub-genres within the personal development books genres, but all of these can help you get into the right frame of mind and on your way to personal growth:
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny! by Anthony Robbins. Tony Robbins is the absolute guru of self improvement, so it should be absolutely no surprise. It was between this one and “Unlimited Power” as to which one was best. Robbins set the standard for much of self help, and while there is some criticism about some of the advice being “fluff,” the majority of the advice is very solid, as can be seen by the sheer number of copycats. This book is a great addition to any self-help library.
- The Breakthrough Experience by John Demartini. This book is based on his weekend seminar called The Breakthrough Experience. It describes itself as a real and practical manual for understanding why you live the way you do and how to transform your life into your highest vision. You can work through anything you feel you need a breakthrough around whilst reading this book, there are lots of great exercises to really get you thinking and make sure you get one in any area.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. The book has been a top-seller for the simple reason that it ignores trends and pop psychology for proven principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity. Celebrating its fifteenth year of helping people solve personal and professional problems, this special anniversary edition includes a new foreword and afterward written by Covey exploring the question of whether the 7 Habits are still relevant and answering some of the most common questions he has received over the past 15 years.
- Coach Yourself to Success : 101 Tips from a Personal Coach for Reaching Your Goals at Work and in Life by Talane Miedaner. One of the instant appeals of this self improvement book is that there are a large number of tips, many of them practical and allowing for instant action. It can be difficult to make a huge change of thinking in your life, while many smaller steps are so much easier to implement. This has been a favorite among many self help fans.
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay . Such a lovely book! A must for anyone who doubts themselves and does not have self acceptance. The focus is on learning to love and accept yourself for who you are. Louise discusses how illness is brought on by what has happened to us in the past and how we think. She suggests affirmations to heal illness and feel better about your self.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. This is also a classic. The theme is on being present, living in the moment. Most of us spend our time worrying about the future or fretting about the past, this book is all about the power of living in the now. There are some great mediation examples to use in the book.
- Do One Thing Different: Ten Simple Ways to Change Your Life by Bill O’Hanlon. Bill has the credentials, as he is a certified professional counselor, marriage therapist, and author of 16 self-improvement books. This book is written with short easy to digest chapters, focusing on concentrating on fixing the current day instead of spending a lot of time digging up the past. This book is also divided into three parts, each based on a different part: changing the doing of the problem, changing the viewing of the problem, and applying solution-oriented therapy. This focus on changing the now instead of dwelling in the past is the breakthrough many need.
- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Wayne Dyer. Five hundred years before the birth of Jesus, a God-realized being named Lao-tzu in ancient China dictated 81 verses, which are regarded by many as the ultimate commentary on the nature of our existence. The classic text of these 81 verses, called the Tao Te Ching or the Great Way, offers advice and guidance that is balanced, moral, spiritual, and always concerned with working for the good.
- Heart of Love by John Demartini . The Heart of Love helps you apply his trail-blazing philosophy and revolutionary understanding of human behavior specifically to your relationships. If you’re looking for your soul mate, want to reignite the spark in a longtime relationship; seeking to safeguard your marriage from infidelity; or are committed to creating more authentic friendships, family connections, and business relationships, then this book is for you. This book helps you understand what really drives human behavior in romance, business, and families; and assures you that you can have the kind of relationships you’d love to have, whether they’re lasting or brief, intensely intimate or just for fun. Ultimately, this book aims to inspire you to fulfill the true purpose of your relationships: to wake you up to your own wholeness, the divine magnificence present in every human soul. It invites you into the heart of love, which transforms any relationship into one of gratitude and true fulfillment.
- Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success by Brian Tracy “Create Your Own Future” is a quality self help book that combines the two goals most common with people looking for a quality self improvement text: improving the personal life, and making a lot more money. This book concentrates on twelve principles that can help you achieve both, and gives examples of actual real world plans that show you how you can accomplish these goals.
Incoming search terms:
- best personal development books
- Powered by Article Dashboard alcoholism self help
- Powered by Article Dashboard examples of philosophy of education
- Powered by Article Dashboard college student spending habits
- self improvement books
- Top 10 Personal Development Books
- top toppersonal development books
- best self improvement books of all time
- best personal development books of all time
- best books for personal growth