Sound Sleeping Tips
Engaging in a relaxing activity such as reading, meditation, yoga, or listening to music, before going to bed, can help you to get a good night sleep. Perform this activity in a dimly lit, stress-free environment. Try to schedule your activity to take place at the same time every day. A regular routine helps to promote quality sleep.
The free relaxing music and nature sounds on this website have been carefully chosen for their ability to aid sleep, reduce stress, and provide a relaxing atmosphere for activities such as yoga, tai-chi, and meditation.
Brainwave entrainment means that a particular beat or rhythm will guide your brain’s electrical pulses, which are called brainwaves, into a new rhythm. Your brain, when it “hears” the new beat will follow it and begin to pulse at the same rate.
When brainwave entrainment is used to cure insomnia the brainwaves we want to guide you into are the waves of sleep. When you are sleeping your brainwaves slow right down. The brainwave entrainment audio you are listening to will guide your brainwaves into the rhythm of sleep. When this happens you will fall asleep.
Examples of sleep-sounds:
– Rhythmic drumming creates a hypnotic effect to help induce sleep
– The sound of the vibraphone is calming, and may reduce stress
– Rain acts as a white noise machine that masks household noises such as refrigerators, heaters, and creaking floors
– The booming sound of thunder helps to mask loud stereos, barking dogs, and traffic
– The sound of steady, rhytmic ocean waves provide a sensation of relaxation and calm.
– Birds and windchimes are comforting sounds that provide a relaxing and stress free atmosphere
– An atmosphere of rain and thunder may be especially relaxing, because one feels they cannot go out to work
– Ocean waves may remind one of a relaxing and calm vacation