7 Successful Ways to Become a Smarter Person
Boosting your mental faculties doesn’t have to mean studying hard or becoming a reclusive book worm. There are lots of tips, techniques and habits, as well as changes to your lifestyle, diet and behavior that can help you flex your grey matter.
Here are 7 ways that will help you become a smarter person:
1. Brain exercises. Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. The human brain is able to continually adapt and rewire itself, even at an old age, it can grow new neurons. Severe mental decline is usually caused by diseases, whereas most age-related losses in memory or motor skills simply result from inactivity and a lack of mental exercise and stimulation. In other words, use it or lose it. And this is your chance to use it, in this brain exercise.
2. Good Brain Foods. The brain is an organ metabolically active, making it a very hungry, and precisely at this eater. It’s becoming pretty clear in research labs around the country that the right food, or the natural neurochemicals that they contain, can enhance mental capabilities—help you concentrate, tune sensor motor skills, keep you motivated, magnify memory, speed reaction times, defuse stress, perhaps even prevent brain aging.
3. Always learn something new. Make a conscious effort to keep your brain active and functioning at optimum levels. Learn a new vocabulary word or a new piece of information as often as you can. It will keep you sharp and alert.
4. Read quality books. Many people like to read popular suspense fiction, but generally these books aren’t mentally stimulating. If you want to improve your thinking and writing ability you should read books that make you focus. Reading a classic novel can change your view of the world and will make you think in more precise, elegant English. Don’t be afraid to look up a word if you don’t know it, and don’t be afraid of dense passages. Make sure the books are interesting to you. Reading is very fun and useful.
5. Reduce television watching. The average American watches over 4½ hours of television every single day. People love vegetating in front of the television. The problem is watching television doesn’t use your mental capacity or allow it to recharge. Also, if you watch TV when you’re too tired to do anything else. When you feel like relaxing, try reading a book instead.. When you’re with your friends or family, leave the tube off and have a conversation. All of these things use your mind more than television and allow you to relax.
6. Learn a foreign language. Learning a second language “boosts” brain-power, scientists believe. Researchers from University College London studied the brains of 105 people – 80 of whom were bilingual.
They found learning other languages changed grey matter – the area of the brain which processes information – in the same way exercise builds muscles. There are many other reasons to learn a foreign language, from working in another country to discovering your roots, through intellectual curiosity, romance, travel, and secret communication.
7. Meditation is a very powerful tool for becoming smarter. Deep Meditation opens up real intelligence, intuition, and creativity. Psychological (mind) benefits of meditation: increased patience, rapid calming of the mind, mood stabilization, improved learning ability and memory, strengthening of willpower.
Read this: The Body and Mind Benefits of Meditation Exercises
Exercise your mind and you will become happier and smarter.
Incoming search terms:
- how to become a smarter person
- ways to become smarter
- become smarter
- how to become smarter person
- how to become smarter
- becoming smarter
- how to become smarter naturally
- how to be a smarter person
- how to become a smart person