7 Health Benefits of Building Muscle Mass
Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too.
Aside from looking good, there are several health benefits to building muscles. Muscular fitness means that you have the strength, endurance and flexibility to handle your daily.
Truth be told though, there are several strong reasons for that strong muscular look you are going for.
When it comes to getting fit there are 7 benefits of building muscle bulk.
- Blood flow. Regardless how intensely you think you are working, there is one sign that will never fail to tell you if you are working intensely enough: increased blood flow into the muscle, physiologically called hyperemia, a.k.a. “THE PUMP”! The pump is not just a “side effect” of exercise. For muscle-building purposes, the pump is the main goal of exercise
- Energy - A great benefit of building muscle bulk is the added energy you have. You don’t get tired as easily and your stamina lasts longer. In today’s society of hustle and bustle, more energy is a wonderful thing. And I don’t know about you but there is one activity in particular that comes to mind where having more energy and stamina is a very appealing thought.
- Attracting attention – Let’s be honest, is this not one of the first things that come to mind? Guys, there is certainly a desire to have the girls taking a look as you are flexing that bicep muscle isn’t there? And girls, having the fitness model look that comes from adding muscle does bring a few glances your way too, especially when you are wearing that little black dress.
- Losing fat while building muscle. Excess body fat accumulates via two distinct mechanisms. People either form more adipocytes (fat cells) and/or existing adipocytes absorb too much fat-glucose and become larger. The effect of too many adipocytes and/or bloated adipocytes is the unsightly and unhealthy amassing of body fat.
- Muscle Increases Metabolism – The more muscle your body has, the faster your metabolism is. Essentially this means your body burns more calories to do normal functions. Bottom line…a faster metabolism means a better fat burning ability.
- Better Athletic Performance – Whether you are a professional athlete or Sunday warrior, building muscle bulk allows you to raise your level of performance. Certainly a combination of the benefits listed above; power, strength, energy, and stamina contribute to that rise in performance level.
- Working your muscles can also inhibit the affects of sarcopenia, the age related loss of muscle mass, strength and function. After the age of thirty there is a loss of 3-5% of muscle mass per decade, making day to day tasks gradually harder to perform and slowing down metabolism – increasing the risk of weight gain.
A little effort will reap big benefits.
You can feel healthier and look better, which in turn will make you feel better about yourself and the benefits can last for the rest of your life.